Farmington, CT (25 January 2023 ) Since 2009, KBE Building Corporation has embraced a deep commitment to supporting area communities through philanthropic giving.
In January 2022, this long-standing philanthropic initiative took a giant leap forward with the creation of The KBE Foundation * (www.kbefoundation.org), a non-profit public charity under IRC sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1).
Now, one year later, the KBE Foundation marks a new level of giving, with 2022 donations bringing the overall philanthropic gift total to $4 million in direct donations and pro-bono services since 2009, along with thousands of employee volunteer hours. This community support has been provided over the years to hundreds of not-for-profits throughout Connecticut, Maryland, Arizona, and New York, where the firm has its regional offices
“The idea for the KBE Foundation grew out of KBE’s ‘50 Ways to Make a Difference’ philanthropy program, which KBE launched in 2009 to celebrate its then-50-year anniversary,” explains Robert Dunn, Esq., president of The KBE Foundation. “Making a difference in the communities where KBE works has long been a corporate mission. The KBE Foundation is providing a formal framework for our many philanthropic activities.”
Among the charitable events and donations sponsored by the KBE Foundation in 2022 were:
- The Annual Technical High School Scholarship Program for graduating seniors in the Connecticut Technical High School system who are pursuing trade and construction management careers, with $114,000 in scholarships provided to 101 seniors since 2015.
- Gift of Gobble, Thanksgiving’s on Us: The Foundation provided nearly 500 full Thanksgiving meals to families in Connecticut and Maryland through this annual program. Since 2009, more than 4060 families have been enjoyed a full Thanksgiving dinner courtesy of the Foundation.
- The Special Olympics Unified Fishing Derby, held each summer in Farmington, CT, received both financial support, with KBE Foundation as the founding event sponsor, and the volunteer time of nearly a dozen KBE staff and their families. The Foundation has supported the program as its founding sponsor since 2019.
- Connecticut veterans and their families benefited this past year – for the fourth year running – from the Foundation’s provision of several hundred free lunches prepared by Mission Barbeque for a special day at the Veterans Center in Newington, CT.
- Each month, company staff at KBE Building Corporation, along with a corporate match, raise funds through small donations in exchange for dress-down Fridays. Those dollars have been donated each month to a not-for-profit in Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, and New York. This year’s donations totaled nearly $5,000, with total dollars raised through staff and company match of nearly $80,000 since the program started in 2011. The donation program enables the Foundation to provide small grants to numerous non-profits to help support their missions of care.